Grade 4: Lunar Lander
Welcome to personalised learning!
Making it work (de-bugging may be a part of every class as it is one of the biggest part of coding)
Sharing, writing instructions for a new audience, peer feedback and adding to the Studio
Feel free to act on the extension ideas suggested at the bottom of this page then... Explain your program. Type in Google Slides (add more if you need in our shared deck) or make a QuickTime screencast and share it via Drive.
- There is a spaceship
- It has working controls (up, right, left)
- Gravity acts on it
- There are are least two backgrounds (effectively levels) with a starting landing pad and a goal to proceed to the next level
- The spaceship is automatically brought to a recurring start position between levels
- There are hazards controlled by SENSING colour blocks on (from?) the second level
- Have 2 friends play it and act on useful feedback
- Shared to Studio
- I have acted as an expert for peers in need
- I have added some of the advanced featured from the Going Further section (below)
- Add exhaust when moving up (Costumes)
- Have spaceship say something when it hits a hazard and/or makes a landing
- Add/record sounds
- Make a QuickTime screencast tutorial explaining either your entire program or some aspect of how to program one aspect of it
- Whatever you can think of!
- Make a new one
- Try out new programs
- Go online and research other people's work
- THIS is WHY Scratch was made!